Observance of international standards and human rights
Our observance of international standards and human rights is based on the ten principles of the UN Global Compact. They cover human rights, labour law, environmental protection, and business corruption issues. With these 10 principles, we have successfully implemented socially responsible behaviour practices for many years, promoting the principles of higher ethics business in Latvia and abroad.
We are implementing socially responsible principles in our work, calling on others to follow these principles, while ensuring the continued development of society.
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
2. Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
4. The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
5. The effective abolition of child labour
6. The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
8. Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
9. Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery
Gender and age equality. Experience and knowledge are the qualities of men and women who make up our team, and talents and hard work are inherent in our employees of all age groups. Our employees inspire us by demonstrating, by their own example, that neither gender nor age plays a decisive role in what position a person holds and in the proper performance of its duties.
Equality between us and patients. Responsibility which we shall take upon ourselves, engaging in production of medicines for people who need them, composes openness, simplicity and accessibility of information. We are aware of the importance of equality between a manufacturer and a consumer of the medicines, therefore we are open to dialogue about the multilateral information of interest to the patient, strengthening the trust in the pharmaceutical industry which has historically developed to ensure availability of the necessary medicines to all people around the world.
Code of ethics
Ethics play a key role in our sustainability, as it helps to find and define the principles of our work so that knowledge, experience and our success in pharmacy are passed on to future generations, taking into account moral values in different groups of people.